Server racks are prone to fire risk. Now a days fires happen when hot-running and overcrowded server racks and enclosures fall faulty due to electrical connections, short circuits, power surges, malfunctioning power supplies and electrical arcing.
Automatic fire suppression system can protect your valuable data equipment and data against loss.
STARAXIOM provides a self-activating standalone fire suppressing system that detects and suppresses a fire inside of the server rack. The system will discharge a “clean” fire-suppressing agent, such as Novec 1230, which is delivered as a colorless, odorless gas that leaves no residue and requires no cleanup. This clean agents are non-conductive, non-corrosive, and people safe – they are ideal for protecting your mission critical IT equipment and data.
The system uses 3M Novec 1230 fluid ((CF3, CF2 C (O) CF (CF3))2, is a fluoroketone that consist of carbon, fluorine and oxygen. It is colorless, odorless, electrical nonconductive and suppresses the fire by removing the heat energy and interrupting the combustion peocess) fire protection fluid for total flooding applications. The clear, colorless agent has zero ozone depletion potential, an atmospheric lifetime of just five days, and a global warming potential of 1.0. The system suppresses a fire before it can be fully engaged and once the fire is suppressed, Novec 1230 quickly evaporates without harming any valuable assets.
- Fast, reliable fire protection without the damaging side-effects of water
- Suppresses a fire in seconds, reducing equipment damage and downtime
- Easy to install in any new or existing server rack or closet and requires no power to operate
- Clean suppression agents require no post-discharge cleanup
- Will not harm people, equipment or the environment
- System options expand peripheral capabilities
- Clean agents will not harm electronic equipment or magnetic media and are OK to use on energized equipment
- Does not interfere with installation or maintenance of equipment
- Quick & Easy installation directly inside Server cabinets: The flexible sensor tubing is easily installed inside the Server cabinets - directly above the equipments, wires and circuity where a fire could start. When in service, the tubing is pressurized with NOVEC 1230 to 16 bar. The dynamics of pressurization make the tubing more reactive to heat.
- Early fire detection: If a fl ame-up occurs, the heat of the fire causes the pressurized sensor tube to burst at the hottest spot (approx. 110°C)
- Instant suppression: The sudden tube depressurization actuates the special pressure differential valve and instantly floods the entire Server cabinet area with NOVEC 1230 extinguishing agent. The fire is quickly suppressed just moments after it began... minimizing damage and downtime.
LISTING and APPROVALS
Why choose us
- Dedicated customer support.
- Extensive product portfolio.
- Engineering excellence.
- Trusted, proven brands.
- It’s what drives us to create solutions to help safeguard what matters most – your valued people, property and business.